Dear Doctor Phil
Each month Dr Phil, our resident likeitis doctor, answers the top three questions received from people like you.
And, just like this website, Dr Phil will tell you everything you need to know about sex exactly likeitis... with no frills, no judgements and definitely no holds barred!
To submit a question, email him at . This month's questions are featured below. Click on the link to read Dr Phil's answer:
- I'm an 18 yr old girl & I have been sexually active since I was 15. I have taken the morning after pill a few times. My friend told me that if u take it at least 3 times there's a 90% chance that I won't b able 2 have children. Is this true? I want to go on the pill but I have a hormone imbalance and don't know how the pill will affect that.... I haven't consulted a Dr because I had a really good that I was confident in but he moved out of my area. Now I am afraid that anyone else won't be as efficient....
- I’m a 12 year old girl and I just recently started masturbating and it felt ok - I didn’t get an orgasm and nothing really happened. Is 12 too young to start?
- Well I am 12 and I have missed out on 2 of my periods and I know that I’m not pregnant because I have never even had sex or kissed a guy. I am nervous about talking to my parents about this and you are my last hope, I also have stretch marks on my boobs and one is bigger than the other I was just wondering if this was all natural?
Got a burning question? Why not send it into us
We choose the top three every month and feature them on this page. Unfortunately, we cannot give out personal advice. Check out all our archived questions below and remember to bookmark this page and keep an eye out for new additions.
- Hi, I recently had unprotected sex however my boyfriend did not ejaculate. I still however took the morning after pill, but accidently took the second pill only about 6 hours after the first one because I miss-heard the information. Will this still work? And also, just to be sure I took a pregnancy test 5 days after intercourse and it read up negative, but how accurate is this only 5 days after? I'm a bit worried although at this stage I'm not really showing any symptoms
- What is thrush? Is it itching on your vagina?
- I want to use tampons but my mum's worried that I'll get hurt and all and she doesn't want me too. But I really want too because I love swimming and I find it way more comfortable. When using pads, are they meant to be itchy?
- I’m just wondering - what's the youngest age a girl can start taking The Pill? I know the legal age to have sex is 16 and you need a prescription for the pill - but I have a friend who was able to get it at 15....
- I’m 17, & am happily taken by my boyfriend of 2 months. The other night we were "close" & he fingered me. When I went to the toilet I realised there was blood on my undies, there wasn’t a lot but there was some. This isn’t the first time, when I was with my ex-bf we did the same thing & there was blood as well. Is something wrong with me?
- Hello! I'm was really new to the idea of sex and all, and I read a part in the website that the sperm can meet with the eggs other than the ways of intercourse. Is this right? And how? I don’t want to do it but I’m just curious because that was what I thought - the only way. Is my question stupid? Anon
- My question is as follows - Does a male penis foreskin slips back and breaks during his first intercourse and results in bleeding. If yes then will the use of a condom will prevent it from slipping and breaking?
- I’m seriously stressing out. It's probably stupid but about 3 weeks ago I gave my bf a hand job and eventually he got his cum all over his hands by accident u know well anyways, without washing his hands, he fingered me a couple of minutes later - can u get pregnant like this???Because I think I missed my period n I’ve been pretty tired, and I’m getting lower stomach aches. I’m only 15. I’m probably totally over thinking it but can you please reassure me
- I recently went on the pill but I have had a few problems with it – firstly I missed a pill so took the pill late then the next one as normal, then a couple of days later I had some spotting so I went off the pill… but I didn’t get my period. I thought you were supposed to get your period as soon as you come off the pill? Could I be pregnant?
- I have noticed when I go to the toilet my piss smells and feels like it is burning. I am a virgin though; could I have caught something off the toilets at school? I heard that one of the girls I go to school with sleeps around and has diseases.
- Hi I am just about to start using the pill, and I was told that smoking while on the pill can increase my chances of getting cardiovascular disease.How likely is this? And is it ok if I only smoke about once a week? I've already been given the 'don't smoke' pep talk, I just want to know. Can you fill me in?
- Can you get an STI if you go down on someone that has Thrush? I went down on my girlfriend and I think she might have thrush because now I have a sore throat. Please help - anon
- I want to discuss something – my girlfriend and I had sex without using protection and that was in a standing position. Both of us really worried as this was our 1st time and we didn’t use protection. I think that I came outside her but then I’m not sure and I am worried some might have gone inside her. I want to ask that what are the chances of her getting pregnant? We had sex 10 days after her period finished and it’s already been 40 hours since – what can we do? - Jimmy
- I first had my period when I was about 8 years old and since then I have always had it regularly. My question is now that I am 15 going to be 16 in a couple of weeks I started having my period twice a month is this normal? When I am on my period I feel like eating a lot but since I am on a diet I try not to eat that much because I feel like I am going to gain weight. - Brooke
- I was thinking about losing my virginity, just wondering how much I will bleed and does it hurt heaps? The only reason I’m concerned is… I have been mucking around with my boyfriend recently and he has been fingering me and afterwards I bleed – at first I thought it was my hymen but it has happened 3 times now, is that normal? – Alison
- I just found your website and it’s great. But I’d like to know a little more about sex and sexual games before you go all the way. The other day the guy I like came to my house when my parents were working. He has a girlfriend but we started kissing on my bed. This led to fingering and a hand job. I didn’t know exactly what he was doing but he was wanking and trying to ejaculate and it wasn’t working - we were trying for like 10 minutes and yeah, I don’t really know what was going on. I don’t think he had a condom either. He wasn’t pressuring me or anything - like I felt the same but I am just confused. Please tell me what was going on and what I should do next time. Thanks heaps for your advice website it helps a lot. I’m 14 and I’m thinking about sex heaps these days - Katie
- How old do you have to be to get the Emergency contraception pill from the chemist? Are they allowed to ask how old you are? – Tran
- My best friend is 18 years old and has just started having sex with her boyfriend. Her period is now a week late and she thinks that she is pregnant. She has taken at home pregnancy tests and they all say negative but she is still not convinced. She is a very stressful person which could even be the reason why her period is late. What should she do? PLEASE HELP ME HELP MY FRIEND! - Julie
- I am 15 years old and have several questions about my penis which I would like answer’s to as soon as possible, as I have been worrying about them greatly. I have been trying to do my own research however all I have found is definitions. a) To remain hygienic I am supposed to be able to pull back my foreskin in order to wash beneath it, correct? Well, my foreskin only stretches to about3/4 of the way back on the glands. Is this normal? b) There is a restricting bit of skin where the glands end, which attaches the foreskin to the penis, it is particularly thick and is just below the meatus. Is this normal? c) The meatus of my penis is slightly elevated and red. In pictures I have seen it is hardly visible at all, and just appears as a small slit on the tip of the glands. Could this be due to an infection or just irritation? d). How large in diameter is the meatus supposed to be. Mine is a slit which stretches about half a centimeter. Is this normal? - Jeremy
- Hi I am 16 – my periods have been very irregular since they started 3 years ago. They only come about once every 4-6 months. I am also overweight and I have really bad acne, oily hair, and hair on my face. Can you please tell me how to fix this? - Maria
- I am 15 and a virgin, I have a boyfriend that I have been with for 1 year and lately he has been pressuring me to have oral sex (because I’m not ready yet to have full sex). I know heaps of people that have already done it; I’m just wondering if you have any advice about what I should do? I am a bit scared because I don’t know how – can you help?Cassie
- Hi I first got my period when I was 9, I am now 14 – I am quite regular and get my period on time every month, the problem is I bleed quite heavily and always have excruciating cramps. Is this normal, will this ease up as I get older?Amber
- Me and my friends write graphic sex stories and we were writing them when we were at school, we didn’t know that we weren’t allowed to and a teacher found them and read them, we are scared that they will call our parents or we will get into trouble – we are all 15 turning 16 and haven’t had sex yet. We just do this as an expression of our creativity and so we don’t look up full on porn sites etc – can you help? What do we say if they take it further?Angela
- I recently went on the pill and I was wondering if certain foods or drinks make it less effective? What about illicit drugs? Is there anything else that can stop it from working? Sally
- I have recently had a falling out with my best friend. She has started hanging out with the popular group at school and now wont even talk to me. Every morning lately I have been vomiting and shaking before I go to school, am I having a nervous breakdown?Krystal
- Last week me and my girlfriend were messing around. She was touching me and I came - and some accidentally got on her private parts, can she get pregnant?Jason
- Hi I'm 13 and I still have not got my Periods but every one has told me that I am very moody and my breasts are very sore is this a sign of when I'm going to get my Periods? Can you please help me?Jacki
- I am a single father and needing some advice. My daughter is nine nearly 10 years of age; she was really concerned this morning as she thought she had an infection in the private area, no burning or itchiness. I asked my daughter why she thought she had an infection, she said because she has a yellow discharge coming from her private area. Is she going through early puberty? Should I be concerned as I have only seen in all puberty info that the discharge is white. Can you please help me? I would be very grateful for any info. Rob
- I am 16 and I have a really big crush on a girl who lives thousands of miles away from me, who I will probably never meet again. I try to stop having these feelings, but I can’t stop thinking about her and she’s the most beautiful girl I’ve seen. What can I do? Tony
- I’m 15 and for the last few months I’ve been finding it really hard to just get through every day. I just feel like I’m going nowhere, while everyone else seems to know exactly what they want out of life. I cry a lot but I’m not always sure why. Am I just being pathetic or is there something wrong with me? Hannah
- My friend and I went to a party last night with a group of people we don’t normally hang out with. It was pretty crazy and my friend and I ended up smoking some pot for the first time. I didn’t like what it did to me, I was pretty out of it and ended up having unprotected sex with some guy I hardy even know. I’m so scared that I might be pregnant or have an STI but more than that I just feel really stupid. I know about the morning after pill but where do I get it and what happens to me?Grace
- I’ve been with my boyfriend for nearly 6 months now and lately he has really been pressuring me to have sex with him. We’ve done pretty much everything else, but I’m just not ready. When I tell him he just tells me that I’m scared, and I shouldn’t be. I really like him but I don’t want to rush things. Am I just scared? If not how can I get him to back off?Sam
- I'm 15 and have been with sleeping with my boyfriend for about 5 months. A couple of months ago the condom we were using broke and now I've found out I'm pregnant. I'm scared and nervous and not sure what I want to do. What are my options and who should I talk to? Sarah
- My best friend has been going out and getting drunk all the time. She doesn't have a boyfriend and pashes a different guy every week. The other night she got really drunk and picked up a guy. They ended up having sex and didn't use a condom. Will she get pregnant? Jen
- I’m really curious about oral sex. My mates talk about getting head jobs and going down on girls but I've never done it or had it done to me. What’s it like and is it normalCarlos
- My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 months. We've done everything but sex. Both of us feel ready to have sex, but we want to make sure we've got out contraception sorted out before we do it. I'm 16 and I don't know if I can go on the Pill without telling my mum. Can I? Michelle
- I don't have a boyfriend but I'm curious about sex. When can I legally have sex and when will I know I'm ready to do it? Ming
- I’m a 13 year old girl and I’ve got a crush on an older girl at school. She's popular and pretty and we hang out a fair bit. Does it mean I’m gay? Phong
- I'm 16 and can’t get a girlfriend and I’ve never even been on a date. I think I'm normal but is there something wrong with me? Dave
- I’ve read about chlamydia and how you can get it from sex. I've had sex a couple of times with guys. How would I know if I’ve got it? Sian
- I feel really self-conscious about the changes my body is going through. I've got a stack of pimples and am really not liking having my periods every month. My moods are also up and down all the time. What can I do? Jasmine
- I'm a 15 year old guy and I masturbate probably every second night. I really enjoy it but I'm worried it isn't normal and could be dangerous. Is this true? Stefano